Baron Lanteigne is a Montreal based digital artist with a background in video production. He now creates surrealistic virtual environments exploring the post-glitch potential of consumer technologies. His online presence (Spamm Power, Live Streams, Creators Project) is complemented by international festival screenings (Fubar, Glitch Art Is Dead, Construction, Supynes).
TouchDesigner: Intro to Real-Time 3D Visuals
• 7:00 – 10:00 PM Electric Perfume on Google Maps. Link opens in a seperate tab or window. • 805 Danforth Ave, Toronto Price • $65 + HST
Register ** Registration Closes 11:59PM May 22
*** This is a special workshop being led from a Montreal artist! Limited Capacity. Don't miss this rare opportunity! ***
What You Will Learn
TouchDesigner is a graphical programming environment designed for generating real-time visuals and interactive work. Whether you're spicing up your VJ set, creating an audio-visual performance from scratch, videomapping architecture, making trippy VR experiences, or creating mind blowing interactive installations, TouchDesigner is a versatile creative toolkit that allows endless possibilities. The software is compatible with most of the latest sensor technology (HTC Vive, Oculus, Kinect, RealSense, LeapMotion) and many communication protocols (MIDI, OSC, DMX, TCP/IP, UDP) making it a future proof platform for your craziest performances and installation projects!
- This introductory workshop has two goals:
- Introduce you to the node based workflow of TouchDesigner and its different operator (nodes) families.
- Create an open-ended interactive 3D structure that you can control in real-time.
We'll go over the basics of a full 3D scene setup in TouchDesigner including Geometry, Camera, Lighting, Materials and 2D effects. We will then explore some powerful ways to animate it. This setup is meant to be expandable so you can keep building around it.
Below is an example of the type of thing that we will create:
You have to be curious about procedural interactive 3d visuals and node based creative programming.
What Do I Need For This Workshop?
Please bring the hardware listed below and have the software installed before the workshop! Unfortunately, we cannot supply computers at this time. Also, if you do not wish to purchase the software below, ensure you download the free version of software the softrware before the workshop. Download the software here.
- Laptop (PC or Mac) with TouchDesigner 099 installed.
- A 3-Button Mouse
- Optional: usb controller / game controller / joystick / etc
- Software to Install Before Workshop:
- Touch Designer
Workshop Attendance: In the case of the workshop not meeting a minimum amount of attendees, fees will be fully refunded. Limited spaces available, so book soon!
Cancellation Policy: To ensure participant attendance, if you have registered for the workshop you must cancel your booking at least seven days before the workshop for a refund.
Payment: Registration for workshop is through Eventbrite. If you do not wish to use Eventbrite you can pay in person at the Electric Perfume storefront. Contact us in advance to arrange a time to come in. We accept credit and cash only. Payment in person must be received by the day prior to the date of the workshop.
Interested in this workshop but the timing didn't work for you? Let us know! Gauging interest in our workshops allows us to know whether we should run them again in the future!
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us!
About the Instructor
- firstname.lastname@example.org . Links to your default email application or website.
805 Danforth Ave.
Toronto Ontario, Canada
View Electric Perfume on Google Maps . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.
- Check out what's on or
for bookings or inquiries email us including
- Subject → EP Bookings - Inquiry
- Name → First, Last
- Booking Time/Date (if applicable) → Month, Day, Time + Range
- General Info → We can't wait to hear from you!
- Connect With Us
- Electric Perfume on Facebook . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.
- Electric Perfume on Twitter . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.