Ableton Live for Max Users
• 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM Electric Perfume on Google Maps. Link opens in a seperate tab or window. • 805 Danforth Ave, Toronto Price • $60+ HST
Register ** Registration Closes 11:59PM January 25 **
$10 discount total if you purchase our Max For Live for Ableton Users Bundle!
What You Will Learn
Max 8 is an expansive and flexible programming environment. While it’s a powerful tool, it can take a surprising amount of time to implement basic sound design methods. Pairing it with Ableton Live, a modern DAW is meant for live performance and allows new possibilities of combining coding and audio production! This workshop will focus on using Max as a way of structuring and generating sonic content within Ableton Live. Topics will include real-time generative composition, sound design in Live, as well as the unique performative capabilities of Live. Participants will learn techniques and build systems that can be applied to production, real-time performance, and more!
Basic programming experience with Max and some familiarity with DAW software.
What Do I Need For This Workshop?
Please bring the hardware listed below and have the software installed before the workshop! Unfortunately, we cannot supply computers at this time. Ensure you download Max 8 from the cycling74 website. You can use a free 30 day trial for the workshop if you do not have a license Download the software Max 8 and Ableton Live.
- Hardware: Laptop (Mac or PC), Optional: MIDI controller (such as a Nanokontrol or MPK Mini)
- Software to Install Before Workshop:
- Max 8 and Ableton Live, both of which offer free 30 day trials. Make sure you leave enough time before activating them so they don't expire for the workshop! ;))
Workshop Attendance: In the case of the workshop not meeting a minimum amount of attendees, fees will be fully refunded. Limited spaces available, so book soon!
Cancellation Policy: To ensure participant attendance, if you have registered for the workshop you must cancel your booking at least seven days before the workshop for a refund.
Payment: Registration for workshop is through Eventbrite. If you do not wish to use Eventbrite you can pay in person at the Electric Perfume storefront. Contact us in advance to arrange a time to come in. We accept credit and cash only. Payment in person must be received by the day prior to the date of the workshop.
Interested in this workshop but the timing didn't work for you? Let us know! Gauging interest in our workshops allows us to know whether we should run them again in the future!
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us!
About the Kieran Maraj
- firstname.lastname@example.org . Links to your default email application or website.
805 Danforth Ave.
Toronto Ontario, Canada
View Electric Perfume on Google Maps . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.
- Check out what's on or
for bookings or inquiries email us including
- Subject → EP Bookings - Inquiry
- Name → First, Last
- Booking Time/Date (if applicable) → Month, Day, Time + Range
- General Info → We can't wait to hear from you!
- Connect With Us
- Electric Perfume on Facebook . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.
- Electric Perfume on Twitter . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.